Monday, August 5, 2013

No Sew, No Spend Sunday Afternoon

On Sunday, during my kids' naptime, I was antsy.  The house was clean and I didn't feel like reading my book so I decided to start a project.  You never know how long the kids will nap so I didn't want to drag out the sewing machine and a lot of stuff.  
 
I am also on a limited budget during the month of August but I do have a big pile of t-shirts that our good family friend, Chris, (check out his photography, he is incredible) mailed to me.  I mentioned how much I enjoyed transforming an old t-shirt so he found some funny old shirts that he wanted to clean out and mailed them to me to get crafty with.  I love to reuse something that may otherwise end up in a landfill because I am so cheap ecologically friendly. ;-)

I have a bunch of Pins that I have been wanting to try and many of them are 'no sew' so they ended up being the perfect short projects for Sunday afternoon naptime.  I don't think any of them took more than 30 minutes to create.  I attached links to give credit to the original posters of these crafts.

Here is what I created....


A No-Sew Necklace Scarf

 
 
I may add a pin, beads, or fancy decoration to it in a bright color later on.  For now, I like it the way it is.  You can find the tutorial here.


A Ruffle Scarf For Me and My Pint-Sized Homegirl




This ruffle scarf was really easy and puts your cutting skills to the test.  The tutorial video is here. I am in love with this scarf and can't wait for fall to show it off.  :-)  The batman picture on the front of the shirt was saved and put away for later.  I have an idea for that as well.

A Super-Awesome Super-Hero Cape

 
A t-shirt makes a great super-hero cape.  I added some stick on velcro that I had in my sewing box at the neck and Little Guy was ready to go.  Here is the tutorial.

T-Shirt Yarn

 

A ball of yarn from the bottom of one shirt, even Fred the wonder cat was excited about it.  I am not sure what I am going to do with it yet.  Maybe a small crochet project, gift it to my mother-in-law and let her work her magic, or a gift for Fred to do with as he pleases.  Here is the tutorial.

I still have half of the shirts in my stash left, graphics clipped from the shirts squirreled away for later, and more ideas to left to complete.  Maybe I will post another No Sew Sunday soon.

I am linking up with Living Well Spending Less
 




2 comments:

  1. I love the cape! Yes I'm just getting around to seeing this :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little guy loves it too. :-)

    ReplyDelete